Portrait Photography Course, May & June 2022
It’s a six session course based in Whitbourne, near Bromyard. We will have a maximum of twelve participants so that I can give everyone proper attention.
We will be looking at:
· What a portrait is, how to approach it, what makes a good portrait, planning a shoot
· Lighting - studio flash and natural light
· Posing and framing, and keeping the subject engaged
· A photo-shoot with a keen amateur model(s) in a fabulous location
· Reviewing our work, choosing what to show
· Wed 18th May morning 10 - 12
· Wed 25th May morning 10 – 12.30
· Wed 8th June morning 10 – 12.30
· Friday 17th June evening 6 – 9 pm
· Wed 22nd June morning 10 – 12 or a bit more if needed
· Wed 29th June morning 10 – 12 “ “
· All at the Village Hall in Whitbourne WR6 5SD, except the evening shoot which is at Whitbourne Hall (the country house) WR6 5SE
· Starting fee is £100, but if we get enough people I can reduce that a bit.
What you need:
· Your camera. Any camera will do. More important to be familiar with it than to have a posh one.
· There will be homework, including a pre-course task, and I will be strongly encouraging you to write reflections between sessions, as well as doing some practical work.
· If you have a laptop for reviewing and processing then please bring it. I have a few, but not enough to go round.
What I will provide:
· Studio Flash set up & backdrop
· Model(s) for the photo-shoot at Whitbourne Hall
· Some refreshments
I have been a keen photographer for much of my life, and started teaching it in community centres and libraries over ten years ago. My main interest has always been portraiture, which I offer on a semi-professional basis here: https://www.paullackphotography.co.uk/, and I also use my photography to promote local voluntary organisations including Longlands: https://www.longlandsfarm.org.uk/ .
What to do now
Email me to ask questions or give a definite yes/no to PhotoMalvern@gmail.com
I will collect fees near the start of the course.